Elsa is a trusted child care
Elsa Childcare is a small family day care located in the hills of Oakland where your child will enjoy top quality care. Elsa is a trusted child care provider and a proud mother of two children. We provide early childhood education for children in a home like environment that will be conducive to a child’s total growth and development. Our program offers care from 3 month to age 5. Our purpose is to build a strong relationship with the child and family and offer continuous care.
Elsa Childcare’s philosophy is that every child should be safe at all times–and feel safe in expressing themselves. Age-appropriate learning activities including music, exploring the natural world, and developmental toys will all be used to encourage the development of each child at their own pace. We will maintain a high caregiver-to-child ratio to ensure each child has the best quality care.
Elsa Childcare offers childcare services for ages from 3 month to 5 years old. Hours of operation are from 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M., Monday through Friday.
1. We respect each child’s individual and unique needs.
2. We let each child grow and learn at his/her own pace.
3. We believe in building a basic trust in each child to be an initiator and explorer.
4. We believe in sensitive observation of each child in order to understand his/her needs.
5. We offer freedom to explore and interact with his/her peers.
Our Vision & Mission
1. Our vision at Elsa Childcare is all children are cared for with respect, and are seen as unique individuals.
2. Our mission at Elsa Childcare is to provide a safe and nurturing environment where children can learn and explore by playing.
3. We believe in fostering your child’s unique sense of self and special skills at all stages of development.
4. We actively encourage involvement of each child in all care activities to allow him/her child to become an active participant.
5. To offer a safe and nurturing environment to assist children in becoming self reliant and independent.
6. We use age appropriate methods to satisfy each child’s physical, emotional and cognitive needs.
7. We offer an education that will allow each child to fully discover him/her self, their strengths and weaknesses.